How to make
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)vegetable oil
- 1shallot, finely chopped
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) curry powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL)ground cumin
- Pinch (0.5 mL)hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)shiitake mushrooms (about 100 g), stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 pkg (1 L)PC® Plant-Based Chickenless Broth
- 1 cup (250 mL)coconut milk (full-fat)
- ¼ lb (113 g)instant noodles or other thin noodles, such as rice vermicelli or rice stick noodles
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)snow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)packed brown sugar
- Pinch (0.5 mL)salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL)fresh lime juice
How to make
- Step 1Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook shallot, garlic, and ginger, stirring occasional-ly, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add curry powder, cumin, and hot pepper flakes (if using); cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Step 2Add mushrooms, broth, and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Add noodles and snow peas; reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until noodles and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3Stir in brown sugar and salt; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Top with cilantro.
- Try this: For extra protein, serve with slices of seared firm tofu, or stir cubed firm tofu right into the soup.