How to make
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)olive oil, divided
- 1 pkg (400 g)PC® Plant-Based Sweet Italian Sausages (4 sausages)
- 1small onion, finely chopped
- 1carrot, thinly sliced
- 1stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1small bunch Swiss chard, thick stems removed and leaves thinly sliced (about 8 cups/2 L)
- 1 pkg (1 L)PC® Plant-Based Beefless Broth
- 1 can (540 mL)white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)fresh parsley, finely chopped
How to make
- Step 1Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook sausages, turning frequently, until browned and cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. Let cool slightly. Cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick rounds. Set aside.
- Step 2While sausages are cooling, heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in same saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, carrot, and celery, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Step 3Add Swiss chard; cook, stirring occasionally, just until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in beans, pepper, and sausages. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
- Try this: Serving a smaller bunch? Freeze leftovers in convenient single-serving portions in resealable freezer bags or airtight containers for up to 1 month.