How to make
- 1 pkg (170 g)PC® Anaheim Hot Peppers
- 2fennel bulbs or red onions (or 1 of each)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) + pinch (0.5 mL)olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup (250 mL)smooth ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp (10 mL)grated lemon zest, plus fresh lemon juice, to taste, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)chopped fresh basil, chives and/or parsley, divided
How to make
- Step 1Preheat barbecue to medium. Oil grill.
- Step 2Halve Anaheim peppers lengthwise; trim stems and scrape out seeds. (Tip: Use gloves and avoid touching your face when handling hot peppers.) If using fennel, trim stalks and fronds (if attached); halve bulbs lengthwise, then cut each half into 6 wedges (do not trim away core; this will hold the wedges together when grilling). If using red onions, trim stem end and remove skin, leaving root end intact; halve onions lengthwise, then cut each half into 6 wedges.
- Step 3Toss together Anaheim peppers, fennel and/or red onion, oil and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and black pepper in large bowl. Grill, lid down, turning occasionally, until softened and charred, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Step 4Spread ricotta evenly over serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining pinch (0.5 mL) each salt and black pepper, the lemon zest and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the herbs. Drizzle with oil, to taste. Arrange grilled vegetables over top and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) herbs. Drizzle with lemon juice, to taste.
- Try this: For a vegan option, remove the ricotta and top the grilled vegetables with generous spoonfuls of pico de gallo and sprigs of fresh cilantro.