How to make
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL)All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL)2% milk
- 1 cup (250 mL)Unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL)Ricotta
- 1 cup (250 mL)Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Sour cream
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Vanilla
- 1Egg yolk
- PinchGround nutmeg
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)Icing sugar
- 1 jar (370 mL)PC®Black Label Ontario Montmorency Sour Cherry Fruit Spread
- 10Small mint sprigs
How to make
- Step 1Make Crepes: Place flour, sugar, milk, 1 cup (250 mL) melted butter, eggs and 3/4 cup (175 mL) water in bowl. Using electric mixer, beat on low speed until combined. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand 20 minutes.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Grease rimmed baking sheet with some of the 3 tbsp (45 mL) melted butter; set aside.
- Step 3Heat 7-inch (18 cm) nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, brush with some of remaining melted butter. Ladle enough batter into pan that, when swirled, bottom of pan is evenly coated in a thin layer of batter. Cook 2 minutes or until bottom is golden; flip and cook an additional 1 minute. Transfer to plate; repeat with remaining batter for a total of 20 crepes.
- Step 4Make Filling: Place ricotta, mascarpone and sour cream in food processor. Pulse until smooth, scraping down side of bowl if necessary. Add sugar, vanilla, egg, egg yolk and nutmeg. Pulse until combined and smooth.
- Step 5Arrange crepes, golden side down, on work surface. Place 3 tbsp (45 mL) ricotta mixture in centre of one crepe. Fold in sides of crepe; flip over to form a small rectangular envelope. Transfer to prepared baking sheet; repeat with remaining filling and crepes. Bake in centre of oven for 15 minutes.
- Step 6Remove from oven; arrange two crepes on each plate. Dust with icing sugar; top each with about 3 tbsp (45 mL) fruit spread. Top with a sprig of mint.