How to make
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Granulated sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) PC®Pitted Dark Sweet Cherries , thawed and drained
- 1 jar (370 mL)PC®Black Label Ontario Montmorency Sour Cherry Fruit Spread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Salt
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL)Whole milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp (10 mL)PC®Black Label Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Sliced almonds
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 13 x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish; sprinkle with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the sugar, tilting to disperse evenly.
- Step 2In small bowl, stir together cherries and fruit spread until combined.
- Step 3In medium bowl and using electric mixer, beat eggs on medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes or until fluffy. Gradually add flour, salt and 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the sugar; beat until completely combined. Add milk, butter and almond extract; beat for about 1 minute or until batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Step 4Pour 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) batter into prepared baking dish. Bake in centre of oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly set; remove from oven. Carefully top evenly with cherry mixture. Pour remaining batter evenly over top. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar. Return to centre of oven; bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes. Serve warm.