How to make
- 1 bar (300 g)PC®70% Cocoa Solids Dark Chocolate
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)PC®Salted Country Churned Butter
- 1 cup (250 mL)Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL)No Name® Pure Vanilla
- 1 cup (250 mL)PC®Organics Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)No Name® Premium Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)No Name® Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)Dried cherries
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)PC®The Reverse Decadent White Chocolate Chips
How to make
- Step 1Arrange oven racks so one is in top third of oven and other in bottom third. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Step 2In heatproof bowl set over (not in) saucepan of simmering (not boiling) water, melt chocolate. Remove bowl from saucepan. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in bowl and using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until crumbly. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat 1 minute longer. Scrape side and bottom of bowl; beat another 30 seconds or until mixture is very pale and creamy. Using wooden spoon, stir in cooled chocolate and vanilla until streaky in colour. Before completely mixed in, stir in flour, cocoa and baking powder just until combined. Stir in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Step 3Drop by generous 1 tbsp (15 mL) amounts onto prepared baking sheets, spacing well apart. Bake both pans at once, one in centre of oven and the other on bottom third of oven, for 9 to 10 minutes, switching the pans half-way, or until crackled on top but not firm to the touch. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.