How to make
- 1 cup (250 g)PC®Organics Churned Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)Icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)PC®Organics Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Kosher salt
- 1 bar (100 g)PC®Organics Mint European Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Granulated sugar
How to make
- Step 1Place butter, icing sugar and vanilla in stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment (or bowl with electric mixer). Beat on medium-high speed 2 to 3 minutes or until creamy and light in colour. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt; add half to butter mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Add remaining flour mixture; beat just until combined. Beat in chocolate.
- Step 2Divide dough in half; place each half on a piece of plastic wrap; using plastic wrap, roll each into a tight log about 6 inches long. Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 325˚F (160˚C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Step 4Remove one log from refrigerator; unwrap and cut crosswise with sharp knife into 12, 1/2–inch thick slices. (If dough crumbles from chocolate pieces, just press back into an even shape.) Dip each slice into granulated sugar to coat all over; place on one prepared baking sheet.
- Step 5Bake in centre of oven 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden at edges and baked through. Cool on sheets on rack.
- Step 6Repeat with remaining dough. Discard any remaining granulated sugar.