How to make
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) Chopped PC® 70% Cocoa Solids Dark Chocolate (about 170 g)
- 5Large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Cocoa powder
- 1 jar (375 g)PC® Crunchy Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 2 cups (500 mL)Mascarpone cheese, drained and at room temperature
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line 15 x 10-inch (38 x 25 cm) metal jelly roll pan with parchment paper; mist with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Step 2Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 20 seconds; stir and repeat until melted, 1 to 1-1/2 minutes total. Stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Step 3Beat together egg yolks, sugar and salt in large bowl using electric hand mixer until pale yellow. Beat in melted chocolate until smooth. Set aside.
- Step 4Beat egg whites in separate large bowl using electric hand mixer until soft peaks form. Fold one-quarter of egg whites into chocolate mixture using rubber spatula; fold in remaining egg whites. Transfer to prepared pan, spreading evenly and smoothing top.
- Step 5Bake until cake springs back when lightly touched in centre, about 10 minutes. Run paring knife around edges of cake to loosen. Cover cake with clean damp kitchen towel; let cool completely.
- Step 6Arrange same damp towel on work surface with long side facing you; dust with cocoa powder. Carefully invert cake onto towel with long side facing you; remove pan and gently peel off parchment. Trim edges of cake. Set aside.
- Step 7Stir 1/2 cup hazelnut spread with mascarpone in separate large bowl until well combined. Spread over surface of cake. Beginning at long side closest to you and lifting and guiding cake with towel, roll up cake lengthwise. Arrange, seam side down, on work surface.
- Step 8Diagonally slice 5-inch (13 cm) long piece off 1 end of cake. Arrange longer piece of cake on serving platter; place cut end of short piece adjacent to long piece to make Y shape. Spread remaining hazelnut spread all over cake. Refrigerate, uncovered, until hazelnut spread is set, about 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. If using, top with Sugared Cranberries and mint.