How to make
- 1 cup (250 mL)PC®All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Baking powder
- 2PC®Free Run Large Brown Eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL)Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Butter, melted
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)PC®Crunchy Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)35% whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Pure vanilla extract
How to make
- Step 1Prepare waffles: Preheat waffle iron. Whisk flour with baking powder in large bowl. Add egg yolks, buttermilk and melted butter; whisk just until smooth. Set aside.
- Step 2Beat egg whites with sugar in separate large bowl using electric hand mixer until soft peaks form. Fold one-third of egg white mixture into flour mixture just until combined; repeat twice with remaining egg white mixture.
- Step 3Drop hazelnut spread, 1 tbsp at a time, over surface of batter. Stir 3 to 4 times just to swirl in spread.
- Step 4Mist waffle iron generously with cooking spray. Pour about 1/3 cup batter into hot waffle iron; close lid and cook until crisp and golden, 3 to 4 minutes, or according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to large plate; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Step 5Meanwhile, prepare whipped cream: Beat cream with vanilla in separate large bowl using electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Spoon over waffles.