How to make
- 2portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- 1small red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick rounds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)black pepper
- 1 pkg (452 g)frozen PC® Plant-Based Beefless Undeniable Simulated Beef Burgers
- 4vegan cheddar-style cheese alternative slices
- 4vegan burger buns
- 1tomato, cut into rounds (optional)
- 1dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL)PC® Plant-Based Mayo-Style Spread
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)ketchup
- 2 tsp (10 mL)whole-grain Dijon mustard
How to make
- Step 1Preheat barbecue to medium heat. Lightly oil grill.
- Step 2Toss together mushrooms, red onion, oil and pepper in large bowl. Place frozen burgers, mushrooms and red onion on grill. Cook, lid down, flipping burgers, mushrooms and red onion once, until burgers are cooked through and mushrooms and red onion are tender and grill-marked, 12 to 14 minutes; place cheddar-style slices on burgers in last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Step 3Remove burgers, mushrooms and red onion from grill; let rest 2 minutes. Meanwhile, add burger buns, cut sides down, to grill. Cook until grill-marked, about 1 minute.
- Step 4Dill Pickle Sauce: Stir together pickle, mayo-style spread, ketchup and mustard in small bowl. Set aside.
- Step 5Thinly slice mushrooms. Arrange bun bottoms, cut sides up, on work surface; top with burgers, mushrooms, red onion and tomato (if using), dividing evenly. Spread sauce over cut sides of bun tops; sandwich over burgers.
- Try this: Grill up 4 portobello mushroom caps and stack them in the burgers whole instead of slicing them, if you prefer.