How to make
- 1 cup (250 mL)granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) eachground allspice and ground cloves
- Pinch (0.5 mL)ground nutmeg
- 1navel orange (peel-on), thinly sliced into rounds
- Half lemon (peel-on), thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 bottle (750 mL)PC Red De-Alcoholized Wine with Natural Flavour, chilled
- 2 cups (500 mL)100% pomegranate juice
- 1 cup (250 mL)Pulp-Free 100% Florida Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)frozen PC Pomegranate Arils
How to make
- Step 1Bring sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg and 1 cup water to a boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate syrup until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Step 2Stir together orange, lemon, 1 cup de-alcoholized wine, pomegranate juice, orange juice and 1/4 cup syrup in 3-L (12 cup) pitcher. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Step 3Stir in frozen pomegranate arils and remaining de-alcoholized wine. Divide among wine glasses filled with ice.
- Chef’s Tip: You’ll make more of the spiced syrup than you need for one batch of this sangria. Refrigerate the remaining syrup in an airtight container or jar for up to 1 month and use in your favourite cocktails and mocktails, or as a dressing for fruit salad.