How to make
- 4black peppercorns
- 3whole cloves
- 1each cinnamon stick and star anise
- 1piece (about 3 inches/7.5 cm) fresh ginger, sliced
- 2/3 cup (167 mL)honey
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)ice cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL)100% pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Spiced Honey Syrup
- 1 can (355 mL)PC Ginger Ale Flavour Sparkling Water
- 4sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8pieces crystallized ginger (optional)
How to make
- Step 1Spiced Honey Syrup: Combine peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise, fresh ginger, honey, and 1 cup water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook 10 minutes. Discard star anise. Let cool to room temperature. Discard peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon stick, and ginger. (TIP: Refrigerate in sealed jar or airtight container up to 1 week.)
- Step 2Mocktails: Divide ice among glasses. Pour 1/4 cup pomegranate juice and 2 tbsp Spiced Honey Syrup into each glass. Top with sparkling water, dividing evenly. Stir to combine.
- Step 3Garnish glasses with rosemary sprigs. If using, thread crystallized ginger onto wooden cocktail skewers and place in glasses.
- Try this: You’ll make more Spiced Honey Syrup than you need for 4 mocktails, but the leftovers will keep in the fridge for a week. Use it to sweeten coffee, tea, or sparkling water, or brush over cake layers before icing to keep the cake extra moist.