How to make
- Basic Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2/3 cup (167 mL) PC® Black Label Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC® Black Label Castelvetrano Olives, pitted, torn in half
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)PC® Black Label Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)honeycomb, from PC® Black Label Honeycomb in Wildflower Honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) PC® Black Label Pepperoncini Chopped Hot Chili Peppers in Oil
- 2/3 cup (167 mL)Burrata, torn into medium-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)arugula
How to make
- Step 1Preheat pizza oven on high heat for 15 minutes until very hot then reduce heat to medium-low. When ready to use, baking stone inside oven should read 425ºF to 450ºF (220ºC to 230ºC) on infrared thermometer. Dust pizza peel generously with flour; set aside.
- Step 2Divide dough ball in half. On a well-floured surface, gently stretch one half from underneath using hands (or roll using rolling pin) into 9- to 10-inch (23 to 25 cm) round. (Let dough rest 1 minute if it’s not stretching easily.). Transfer stretched dough to prepared pizza peel. Gently shuffle peel from side to side to ensure dough slides easily on peel; if it sticks, carefully remove dough and dust peel with more flour.
- Step 3Spread half the pizza sauce over dough leaving a 1-inch border for crust. Evenly scatter half the olives over pizza. Stir together honeycomb and pepperoncini in small bowl until well combined and reserve.
- Step 4Slide pizza off the peel and onto the stone in pizza oven. Bake, using peel to rotate pizza every 15 to 30 seconds, until crust is evenly golden and crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Slide it onto the peel to remove from oven; transfer to cutting board.
- Step 5Immediately spoon half the pesto all over pizza followed by half the burrata. Drizzle half the hot honey over pizza and crust. Top with half the arugula and serve. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- No pizza oven? Bake on flour-dusted pizza pan, pizza stone or baking sheet on bottom rack of 450ºF (230ºC) oven until crust is golden and crisp, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Short on time?Skip the homemade dough and pick up PC® Italian Tipo “00” Flour Pizza Dough from the frozen aisle. It’s a shortcut that delivers tender and chewy restaurant-quality crust.
- Try this: Although this pizza dough can be made and used in one day, you can also let it rise slowly, covered, in the fridge for 1 to 3 days before making pizza. This will enhance its flavour and make it even easier to stretch.