How to make
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- Half pkg (560 g pkg)frozen PC® Italian Tipo “00” Flour Pizza Dough (one 280-g dough ball), thawed
- 4 tsp (20 mL)olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL)za’atar spice blend, divided
- 1/3 cup (83 mL)diced halloom cheese (¼-inch to ½-inch/5 mm to 1 cm dice), divided
- 1 cup (250 mL)cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)lightly packed fresh cilantro, mint and/or parsley leaves, chopped
- Equipment:PC® Propane-Powered Pizza Oven
- pizza peel
How to make
- Step 1Preheat pizza oven on high heat, 15 minutes, then reduce heat to medium-low. Dust pizza peel generously with flour; set aside.
- Step 2Divide dough ball in half; gently stretch one half from underneath using hands (or roll using rolling pin) into 8-inch (20 cm) round, leaving thicker 1-inch (2.5 cm) border for crust. (Let dough rest 1 minute if it’s not stretching easily.) Transfer to prepared pizza peel. Gently shuffle peel from side to side to ensure dough slides easily on peel; if it sticks, carefully remove dough and dust peel with more flour.
- Step 3Brush 2 tsp (10 mL) oil over surface of dough and sprinkle with 1 tsp (5 mL) za’atar, leaving border uncovered. Top with half each of the cheese and tomatoes.
- Step 4Slide pizza off the peel and onto the stone in pizza oven. Bake, using peel to rotate pizza every 15-30 seconds, until crust is evenly golden and crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven by sliding onto peel. Transfer to cutting board.
- Step 5Stretch or roll out remaining half of dough and top with remaining oil, za’atar, cheese and tomatoes. Bake as directed in step 4. Sprinkle pizzas with herbs, dividing evenly. Cut into strips or squares. Serve immediately.
- Tips for making the best pizza in your PC Propane-Powered Pizza Oven1. Preheat: Always preheat your oven for 15 minutes on high. Then turn down to medium when ready to cook your pizza. 2. Flour: Be sure to flour your PC Pizza Peel generously before stretching out the dough on it. This will help your pizza slide off easily into the oven. 3. Rotate: Once your pizza is in the oven, rotate it every 15 to 30 seconds using the peel to ensure it cooks evenly.
- No pizza oven?Bake on flour-dusted pizza pan, pizza stone or baking sheet on bottom rack of 450ºF (230ºC) oven until crust is golden and toppings are bubbly, 11 to 14 minutes.
- Try this: For a creamy drizzle, stir together 1 clove garlic, minced, ½ cup (125 mL) plain yogurt, 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh herbs, 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice, and salt and black pepper, to taste.