How to make
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Olive oil
- 2Red onions, chopped
- 3Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz (375 g)Ground lamb
- 4 tsp (20 mL) PC®Black Label Za’atar Spice Blend
- 1 pkg (250 g) PC®Indian Naan Garlic Flatbread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Bottled strained tomatoes (passata)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Crumbled drained PC®Light Feta Cheese in Brine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Chopped fresh mint
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Step 2In large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium-low heat; cook onions for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook for 4 to 6 minutes longer or until onion is softened. Stir in lamb. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring to break meat up, or until cooked through. Sprinkle with 3 tsp (15 mL) of the za’atar; stir in. Set aside.
- Step 3Place naan breads flat on work surface. Spread half of strained tomatoes over each naan, spreading over surface with back of spoon. Divide lamb mixture evenly between naan breads, spreading over surface. Sprinkle with feta.
- Step 4Place pizzas directly on centre rack of oven. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until naan is crisp around edges and cheese melts and starts to turn brown. Using tongs, slide pizzas onto cutting board. Sprinkle with mint and remaining za’atar. Cut each naan into six pieces.