How to make
- 3Cloves garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Kosher salt
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL)PC®New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)PC®Black Label Ras El Hanout Spice Blend
- 1 pkgPC®Australian Frenched Rack of Lamb (about 570 g)
- 4Green onions
- 1 cup (250 mL)PC®3% M.F. Plain Yogurt
- 2 tsp (10 mL)PC®New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Toasted sesame seeds
- PinchEach salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make
- Step 1Mash garlic with salt in mortar and pestle until crushed. Add 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL) oil and the spice blend; grind until paste forms. Wearing rubber gloves or using back of spoon, rub paste all over meat; let stand 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease grill and preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Step 2Grill onions, turning, until slightly charred and softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Finely chop and transfer to small bowl. Stir in yogurt, 2 tsp (10 mL) oil, the sesame seeds, salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate.
- Step 3Grill lamb with lid closed 5 to 7 minutes per side or to desired doneness; transfer to cutting board and let rest 2 minutes.
- Step 4Slice lamb into eight chops by cutting through meat between bones; transfer to platter. Serve with yogurt dip and, if desired, garnish with parsley, toasted pine nuts and additional spice blend.