How to make
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL)PC®100% Pure First-Pressed Canola Oil
- HalfSmall onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz (250 g)PC®Free From®Lean Ground Beef
- 1Small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 1 cup (250 mL)PC®White Corn & Black Beans Mild Salsa
- 1 pkg (300 g)PC®Multigrain Thin Pizza Crusts (2 per pkg)
- 2 cups (500 mL)Shredded PC®Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2Green onions, finely chopped
How to make
- Step 1Position oven rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Step 2Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes. Stir in beef and garlic; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, breaking beef up with a wooden spoon, or until beef is no longer pink inside. Stir in salt and salsa; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Spread half of the beef mixture over each pizza crust, leaving a 1-inch (2.5 cm) border around edge bare. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Step 4Place pizzas directly on lower oven rack. Bake for 8 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted. Using tongs, slide pizzas onto cutting board. Sprinkle with green onions. Slice and serve immediately.