How to make
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Extra virgin olive oil
- 1Onion, diced
- 1-1/2PC®Sweet Long Peppers, cored, halved and diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)Pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 3Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)PC®Black Label Peperoncini Piccanti Hot Red Chili Peppers In Oil
- 3 lb (1.5 kg)Littleneck clams, scrubbed and well rinsed
- 2 cups (500 mL)Dry white wine
- 1 pkg (454 g)PC®Raw Zipperback Black Tiger Shrimp – Jumbo, thawed and peeled with tails left on
- 1 pkg (500 g)PC®Black Label Nero Di Seppia Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Chopped fresh parsley
How to make
- Step 1In large heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven, heat 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the olive oil over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add sweet peppers and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the salt; cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes or until very soft. Add olives and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in piccanti until combined.
- Step 2Increase heat to high. Add clams; cook, shaking pan gently, for 2 minutes. Pour in wine; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cover and continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until clams open wide and shrimp are cooked through. Remove from heat and discard any clams that do not open.
- Step 3Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti for 7 to 9 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) of cooking water. Add spaghetti to clam mixture, tossing to combine. Transfer to large serving platter; toss with remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil, remaining 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt, parsley and some of the reserved cooking water, if desired. Serve with additional piccanti on the side, if desired.