How to make
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)PC®Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 largePC®Organics Onions
- 2PC®Organics Free-Run Brown Eggs - Large
- 1 jar (700 mL)PC®Organics Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 pkg (454 g)PC®Organics Spaghetti
- 1 lb (500 g)Lean organic ground beef
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Dried oregano
- 1 cup (250 mL)Water
How to make
- Step 1In large frying pan over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the olive oil. Cook onions for 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Step 2In large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in ground beef, cooked cooledonions, parsley and oregano. Mix thoroughly. Shape into 1-inch (2.5 cm) meatballs (about 30).Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs for 10 minutes, or untilbrowned.
- Step 3In large saucepan over medium heat, bring the pasta sauce and thewater to a boil. Using slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to sauce. Reduce heat and simmer,uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Step 4Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain. Return to pot. Add 1 cup (250 mL) of the sauce from the meatballs and toss to coat. Turn out onto serving platter.
- Step 5Pour meatballs and sauce over hot spaghetti. Serve immediately withfresh grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.