How to make
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Coarse salt
- 1 pkg (500 g)PC®Black Label Spaghetti Pasta
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)PC®New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg (400 g)frozen PC®Raw Peeled Pacific White Shrimp, thawed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)PC®Black Label Peperoncini Piccanti
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Chopped fresh parsley, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Chopped fresh basil
How to make
- Step 1Bring 5 L (20 cups) water to a rapid boil in large saucepan. Add coarse salt. Add pasta, stirring occasionally until water returns to a boil. Cook until al dente or tender but firm, 9 to 11 minutes. Reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid, drain pasta.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring often, until light golden, about 2 minutes.
- Step 3Stir in shrimp, pepperoncini and salt; cook, stirring often, until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 4Add pasta, parsley, basil and half of the reserved pasta cooking liquid; toss to coat. If necessary, gradually stir in remaining pasta cooking liquid to reach desired consistency. Garnish with parsley sprigs.