How to make
- 4 tsp (20 mL)Extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)Thinly sliced leeks, white and pale green parts only
- 24PC®Raw Zipperback Pacific White Shrimp (31-40 count)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Chopped mixed fresh herbs such as basil, chervil, dill, mint, parsley or tarragon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
- 6Skinless, boneless centre-cut salmon fillet portions, each 5 oz/150 g
How to make
- Step 1In nonstick frying pan, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; cook leeks for 2 minutes. Add shrimp; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or just until shrimp are cooked through. Remove pan from heat. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Transfer shrimp mixture to food processor. Pulse on and off a few times until shrimp is in small pea-sized pieces. Transfer mixture to bowl; stir in mayonnaise, mustard, lemon rind and juice, herbs and half each of the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Step 3Place salmon portions on work surface. Using paring knife, cut a slit into one side edge three-quarters of the way through each portion to make large pocket, coming to within 1/2–inch of cutting all the way though on all sides. Divide shrimp mixture and fill each pocket. Secure each portion with two 6-inch (15 cm) lengths of string. Place on prepared baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Step 4Bake in centre of oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until just cooked through.