How to make
- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL)PC®Pho Broth
- 1 cup (250 mL)Long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Vegetable oil
- 1Carrot, finely chopped
- HalfOnion, finely chopped
- 2Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)PC®Small Sweet Peas, frozen
- 1Large egg, lightly beaten
- 2Green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)PC®Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
How to make
- Step 1Bring broth and rice to a boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with fork. Spread evenly on large baking sheet; cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until rice is chilled and dry to the touch, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Step 2Heat oil in large nonstick skillet or wok over medium heat. Add carrot, onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Add frozen peas and rice; cook, stirring often, until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Step 3Push rice mixture to edge of skillet to make well in centre. Add egg to well; cook, without stirring, 1 minute. Break up egg into small pieces with spoon; stir into rice mixture and cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 4Stir in green onions and soy sauce.