How to make
- 1sheet frozen PC® Butter Puff Pastry (half 450-g pkg), thawed but cold
- 1/4 cup (60 mL)full-fat sour cream (14%)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)shredded old Cheddar cheese
- 1yellow-fleshed potato (about 150 g), peeled and cut into very thin rounds (about 1/8-inch/3 mm thick)
- Halfsmall red onion, sliced 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick
- 2 tsp (10 mL)olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL)chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)each salt and black pepper
How to make
- Step 1Unroll puff pastry onto baking sheet, leaving parchment underneath. Spread sour cream over top, leaving 2-inch (5 cm) border uncovered. Sprinkle cheese over top, leaving border uncovered. Set aside.
- Step 2Toss together potato, red onion, oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Alternating between potato and red onion, arrange in overlapping rows over top of cheese, leaving border uncovered. Refrigerate 15 minutes (this firms up the pastry to make it easier to handle).
- Step 3While galette is chilling, preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Step 4Bring edges of dough up over filling, overlapping as needed and pinching edges together to seal as you go.
- Step 5Bake until potatoes are fork-tender and pastry is crisp and golden, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet 20 minutes. Cut into wedges.
- Try this: Try this: Don’t have fresh rosemary? Use 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried rosemary or dried thyme, instead.