How to make
- 6, about 550gBoneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22 mL)PC® Organics 100% Pure Safflower Oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Finely diced onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Minced ginger root
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Mild yellow curry powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Canned coconut milk
- 1 pouch (128 mL)PC® Organics Sweet Potato, Apple and Mango Strained Baby Food
How to make
- Step 1Trim and discard excess fat from chicken and cut thighs in half.
- Step 2Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in ginger and curry powder; cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until softened and fragrant. Pour in broth and coconut milk; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Step 3Nestle chicken in coconut milk mixture, turning to coat. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Uncover and continue to simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened; remove from heat.
- Step 4Transfer chicken to cutting board; shred into small chunks with two forks. Stir shredded chicken and sweet potato purée back into sauce. Serve immediately or portion into airtight containers and refrigerate for up to two days or freeze for up to one month.