How to make
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
- 1Beef tenderloin (about 990 g), trimmed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)PC®Black Label Onion Cabernet Wine Jelly
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)PC®Black Label Normandy Style Unsalted Cultured Butter
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)Minced shallots
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Beef broth
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)Brandy
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)Red wine
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Cornstarch
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Step 2In medium roasting pan, heat oil on stovetop over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over tenderloin and add to roasting pan. Brown on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes total. Place in oven. Roast for 15 minutes. Brush with 1 tbsp (15 mL) jelly. Roast 5 to 10 minutes longer or until thermometer inserted in centre reads 135°F (57°C).
- Step 3Transfer roast to cutting board; tent loosely with foil. Place roasting pan over medium heat; add butter and cook until melted. Stir in shallots; cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until softened. Stir in thyme, broth, brandy and wine. Stir in 1/4 cup (50 mL) jelly. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. In small bowl, stir cornstarch into 1 tbsp (15 mL) water; stir into roasting pan. Cook until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Step 4Slice tenderloin into 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick slices; arrange on a platter. Pour some of the sauce over sliced beef; serve remaining sauce on the side.