How to make
- 6 slicesPC®Free From®Naturally Smoked Bacon
- 1 cup (250 mL)Chopped onions
- 3 (about 3 cups/750 mL)Medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Sweet red pepper, cut in 1/2-inch (1 cm) dice
- 4PC Organics Free Run Large Brown Eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Thinly sliced green onions
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place bacon in medium cast-iron frying pan; set over medium heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until evenly crisp and golden. Remove from pan, cool slightly and chop roughly; set aside. Drain fat into small bowl.
- Step 2Return frying pan to medium heat; add 2 tbsp (25 mL) of reserved bacon fat, the onions, potatoes and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in red pepper. Place pan in centre of oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden, stirring once halfway. Remove pan from oven. Turn oven to broil.
- Step 3Stir bacon into potato mixture. Using back of spoon, make a well in each quadrant of the potato mixture. Carefully crack an egg into each well. Drizzle each egg with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of reserved bacon fat. Place pan in top third of oven. Broil for 4 to 5 minutes or until eggs are set with slightly runny yolks. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.