How to make
- 8 slicesPC®Naturally Smoked Bacon
- 1 pkg (142 g)PC® Organics Baby Spinach
- 8Large eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)Finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 4 tsp (20 mL)Chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL)Chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)35% whipping cream
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly butter four shallow 1-1/2 cup (375 mL) gratin dishes (or shallow ovenproof bowls); place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Step 2Place bacon in large cold frying pan. Set over medium-high heat; cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, or until browned and lightly crispy. Drain on paper towel lined plate. Pour off fat, reserving 2 tsp (10 mL) of it. Wipe pan clean, add reserved fat and return to medium-high heat; add spinach and cook for 1 minute or until wilted. Transfer spinach to a plate to cool.
- Step 3Chop bacon roughly. Divide bacon and spinach evenly among prepared dishes. Crack two eggs into each dish. Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Gruyère, Parmigiano, chives and thyme over each dish. Drizzle 2 tbsp (25 mL) of cream over each.
- Step 4Bake in centre of oven for 14 to 16 minutes or to desired doneness.