How to make
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Olive oil
- 1 pkg (250 g) PC®Natural Choice Mild Spanish-Style Chorizo Semi-dry Cured Sausage
- 1Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Dry white wine
- 1 can (796 mL)Whole tomatoes
- 4 lb (1.8 kg)Manila or littleneck clams, scrubbed and well-rinsed
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 pkg (500 g)PC®Black Label Linguine Pasta
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Chopped fresh parsley
How to make
- Step 1In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; cook chorizo, onion, garlic, pepper and salt, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until onion is softened. Add wine, cook, stirring, until most of the liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and juices; increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up tomatoes with a spoon, for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Step 2Add clams, cover and increase heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook until clams open wide, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Step 3Using slotted spoon, transfer clams to a bowl; cover and set aside. Continue cooking tomato mixture uncovered over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring, or until thickened. Stir in vinegar.,
- Step 4Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling, salted water, cook linguini for 7 to 9 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain; toss with tomato sauce. Divide among six dinner plates; spoon clams over top and sprinkle with parsley.