How to make
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL)All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL), coldPC® Black Label Normandy Style Unsalted Cultured Butter
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Cream of Tartar
- Pinch Salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)Granulated Sugar
- 1 jar (250 mL) PC® Black Label Lemon Curd Fruit Filling And Dessert Topping
How to make
- Step 1Make Pastry: Sift together flour, sugar and salt into large bowl. Add butter; cut in using pastry blender or your fingertips until butter is in pea-size pieces. Make a well in centre of mixture; add 3 tbsp (45 mL) ice water. Stir in using fork until pastry comes together. Knead a few times with your hands to form into a ball; press into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Step 2Remove pastry from refrigerator and unwrap. Dust work surface and top of pastry with some flour. Roll to 1/8-inch (3 mm) thick. Cut into six 4-1/2- inch (11 cm) circles using round cookie cutter. Fit into cups of muffin tin, pressing into corners. Chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Step 3Make Meringue: Combine egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in bowl; using electric beaters, beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar while beating; beat until stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy. Place in piping bag fitted with medium round tip.
- Step 4Divide lemon curd evenly among baked tart shells. Pipe meringue in a circle over each tart, starting at the outer edge and ending at centre to form a peak. Return to oven; bake for 5 minutes to brown meringue. Cool on rack. Carefully lift out of muffin tin; chill for 1 hour before serving.