How to make
- 4Large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 cup (250 mL)Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Cornstarch
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL)PC®Black Label Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL)White vinegar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)35% whipping cream
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)Mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 jar (250 mL)PC®Black Label Lemon Curd Fruit Filling And Dessert Topping
- 3 cups (750 mL)Mixed fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries)
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 250˚F (120˚C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper; draw 9-inch (23 cm) circle on paper and turn paper over.
- Step 2Beat whites in bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment until foamy. Beat on medium-high speed 7 to 8 minutes, sprinkling in sugar 1 tbsp (15 mL) at a time, or until glossy peaks form. Mixture should feel smooth on fingertips. Scrape side and bottom of bowl with rubber spatula; fold in cornstarch, vanilla and vinegar.
- Step 3Scrape mixture onto circle on baking sheet, spreading evenly. Form a hollow in centre of mixture using back of a spoon, making it about 6 inches (15 cm) in diameter and 1 inch (2.5 cm) lower than sides.
- Step 4Bake 75 minutes, rotating halfway, or until exterior is smooth, dry and firm. Turn oven off; leave oven door slightly ajar and let meringue cool to room temperature in oven, about 1 hour.
- Step 5Whip cream in bowl until soft peaks form. Stir mascarpone to soften; fold into whipped cream. Spoon mixture into meringue nest. Top with lemon curd and berries. Garnish with a dusting of icing sugar and a few mint leaves, if desired.