How to make
- 1ACE Rosemary Focaccia bread (390 g), cut in 12 slices (each about 3/4 -inch/2 cm thick)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Extra virgin olive oil
- 8Green onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)Chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL)Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup (150 mL)PC®Black Label Basil Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2Large balls fresh burrata cheese (each about 290 g), drained and torn in pieces
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)PC®Black Label Basil Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12PC®Black Label Caper Berries in Brine
How to make
- Step 1Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat. Brush one side of focaccia with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the olive oil. Brush onions with remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil. Place bread, oiled side down, on grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, or until browned on both sides with light grill marks; transfer to serving platter. Place onions on grill, perpendicular to grates. Cook for about 3 minutes, turning once, or until wilted and very soft; transfer to cutting board.
- Step 2Once onions are cool enough to handle, chop finely; transfer to small bowl. Add parsley, basil, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the pepper. Stir in 2/3 cup (150 mL) basil oil until combined; spoon over grilled focaccia. Arrange burrata pieces over top of herb mixture. Drizzle 2 tbsp (25 mL) basil oil evenly over top. Sprinkle with caper berries and remaining 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper. Serve immediately.