How to make
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)2% milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)PC®Unsalted Country Churned Butter
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Granulated sugar
- 1 pkg (8 g)Instant (quick-rise) yeast
- 2-3/4 cups (675 mL)All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL)Packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL)Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)PC®Unsalted Country Churned Butter
How to make
- Step 1Heat milk in saucepan over medium heat to just below a simmer. Remove from heat; stir in 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter and the granulated sugar. Pour into wide shallow bowl and let cool until tepid; do not add yeast right away or the heat will kill it. Whisk in yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes without stirring or until bubbly. Using wooden spoon, stir in 1cup (250 mL) of the flour to form a smooth paste. Add salt and remaining 1-3/4 cups (550 mL) flour; stir to form a thick dough, switching to hands once thick enough to handle. Mix by hand until very soft dough forms.
- Step 2Turn dough out onto flour-dusted counter. Knead for 2 to 3 minutes, adding a little extra flour as needed to create soft, smooth dough that does not stick to counter. Place in large oiled bowl; turn to coat in oil on all sides. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in warm, draft-free area for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until dough doubles in bulk.
- Step 3Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; cover with plastic wrap and set aside. Melt 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter; pour half of it into 13 X 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish and brush over bottom and sides. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the brown sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Step 4Turn dough out onto flour-dusted counter. Roll to rectangle about 18 X 12-inches (46 X 30 cm). Brush surface liberally with some of remaining melted butter, using about 3 tbsp (45 mL) and leaving a 1-inch (2.5 cm) strip bare along one long edge of rectangle. Sprinkle 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the remaining brown sugar mixture over the butter-brushed dough. Starting from long edge with toppings, firmly and gently roll into a cylinder enclosing the filling inside in a pinwheel pattern. Cut crosswise into 15 equal rounds. Place in prepared pan cut side down, spacing evenly. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in warm, draft-free area for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until dough doubles in bulk. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Step 5Remove plastic wrap from risen dough, place in centre of oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and fully baked. Immediately and carefully invert onto cutting board or serving platter. Cool slightly. Serve warm.