How to make
- 1 pkg (205 g)PC® Organics Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)organic coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)finely chopped organic unsweetened dried mango
- Pinch (0.5 mL)salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)organic unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted and cooled
How to make
- Step 1Place chocolate chips in medium heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Step 2Combine coconut milk and mango in microwave-safe large liquid measuring cup or bowl. Microwave on high until very hot, about 1 minute. Immediately pour over chocolate chips (do not stir). Cover bowl with large plate. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Step 3Add salt to chocolate mixture; stir until melted and smooth. Cover surface of chocolate mixture with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours. (TIP: Prepare recipe through Step 3 up to 1 week ahead.)
- Step 4Place shredded coconut in shallow bowl. Roll 1 tbsp chocolate mixture into ball (let mixture stand at room temperature 15 minutes if too firm to scoop); roll in shredded coconut to coat. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture and shredded coconut.
- Step 5Serve immediately, or refrigerate in airtight container up to 1 week. (TIP: If stacking truffles in airtight container, separate layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking.)
- Try this: When toasting shredded coconut, you want some pieces to be more toasted than others to provide a nice contrast. Our favourite way to achieve this is by baking the coconut on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet at 375ºF (190ºC) for 3 to 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from the oven, stir well and let cool completely on the baking sheet. The outer pieces will get crisp and golden while the centre pieces will lightly toast.