How to make
- 1clove garlic, finely grated or pressed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)olive oil, divided, plus additional for grilling
- 2 tsp (10 mL)PC® Black Label Peperoncini Chopped Hot Chili Peppers In Oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL)grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL)fresh thyme leaves
- 12slices baguette (1/2-inch/1 cm thick slices)
- 2firm ripe peaches or plums, halved and pitted (Tip: Use a peach and a plum for extra variety.)
- 100 gfeta cheese (brick), drained and cut into 12 slices
- 1 jar (400 g)PC® Black Label Honeycomb in Wildflower Honey
- 1/3 cup (83 mL)roasted cashews
How to make
- Step 1Stir together garlic, 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil, the peperoncini, lemon zest, lemon juice and thyme in small bowl. Set aside.
- Step 2Preheat barbecue to medium. Brush grill lightly with oil. Brush both sides of baguette slices with 2 tsp (10 mL) of the remaining oil, dividing evenly. Brush cut sides of peaches or plums with remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) oil, dividing evenly.
- Step 3Arrange baguette and peaches or plums, cut sides down, on grill. (Tip: Use a greased grill tray if you have one). Grill, lid down, turning baguette once, until baguette is crisp and light golden and peaches or plums are grill-marked, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; cut peaches or plums into wedges.
- Step 4Arrange feta on serving plate; spoon peperoncini mixture over top. Place honeycomb on serving plate beside feta (honey will pool out of honeycomb; use to drizzle over topped baguette.)
- Step 5Assemble cheese board: Place plate of feta and honeycomb on large serving platter, cheese board or cutting board. Add baguette, peaches or plums, and cashews to platter or board. To serve, top baguette with feta and peaches or plums. Drizzle with honey from honeycomb; if desired, cut off chunks of honeycomb and serve with baguette.
- Try this: If your fruit is too soft for grilling, just slice them up and serve on the board as-is.