How to make
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL)Diced onion
- 1 pkg (300 g)Frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, squeezed dry and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup (150 mL)Toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 pkg (150 g)PC® Black Label Roquefort Blue Cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL)PC® Black Label Herbes de Provence Spice Blend
- 1 pkg (450 g)PC®Butter Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1Egg, beaten
How to make
- Step 1Arrange oven rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2Heat olive oil in small frying pan over medium heat; cook onion for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until soft and lightly browned. Remove pan from heat; let cool for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Combine onions, spinach, walnuts, cheese, salt, pepper and half of the herbes de Provence in bowl.
- Step 4Place puff pastry pieces on lightly floured work surface. Cut each in thirds. Arrange all six pieces with the long edges facing you. Divide spinach mixture evenly among pieces, placing in line 1-inch (2.5 cm) from the bottom edge and leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) bare on each short end. Brush top edge of pastry with some beaten egg. Roll each piece firmly into a cylinder, pinching short ends to seal.
- Step 5Transfer rolls to prepared baking sheet seam side down. Brush off excess flour, then brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with remaining herbes de Provence. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and cooked through. Transfer to serving board; cut each crosswise into eight pieces.