How to make
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Fine-Grind Cornmeal
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Granulated sugar
- 2-½ tsp (12 mL) Baking Powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) eachSalt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Green Onions, Finely Chopped
- 1 Large Egg
- 1-¼ cups (300 mL) shreddedPC Aged 2 Years Canadian Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) PC Black Label Normandy Style Unsalted Cultured Butter
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)PC Black Label Peperoncini Piccanti Hot Red Chili Peppers in Oil
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mist 8 x 4-inch (1.5 L) loaf pan with cooking spray; line with parchment paper, leaving 2-inch (5 cm) overhang on 2 opposite sides. Set aside.
- Step 2Whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper in large bowl. Stir together green onions, egg, 1 cup cheese, buttermilk, 3 tbsp butter and pepperoncini in separate large bowl. Add cornmeal mixture; stir just until combined.
- Step 3Transfer batter to prepared pan, spreading evenly and smoothing top. Brush top with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until golden and toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on rack.