How to make
- 1 cup (250 mL)Each all-purpose flour and cornmeal
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)Granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp (12 mL)Baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Baking soda
- 2Large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL)PC®Plain Kéfir Probiotic Fermented 1% M.F. Milk
- 125 ml (1/2 tasse)PC®100% Pure Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (250 mL)Drained canned peaches and cream corn, lightly pulsed in food processor
- 1 cup (250 mL)Shredded PC® Old Cheddar
- HalfJalapeño pepper, finely diced with seeds (optional)
How to make
- Step 1Place 9-inch (23 cm) cast iron frying pan in centre of cold oven. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Step 2Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl; set aside. Gently whisk together eggs, kefir, oil and all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the butter. Stir into flour mixture until almost completely combined. Add corn, cheese and jalapeño (if using); stir just until combined.
- Step 3Remove hot pan carefully from oven and drizzle in reserved butter; swirling pan or brush butter to coat pan evenly. Be very careful as pan is very hot. Immediately scrape batter into pan, levelling top. Return pan to oven. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean and cornbread is puffed and browned.
- Step 4Cool in pan on rack for 2 minutes. Loosen side with small paring knife; slide cornbread onto rack to cool.