How to make
- 1small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL)granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL)each coarse salt, black peppercorns and mustard seeds
- Halffennel bulb, cored and very thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL)grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)granulated sugar
- Pinch (0.5 mL)each salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1 pkg (200 g)PC Butter & Lemon Grilling Lobster Tail Skewers
- 4PC® Corn Tortillas
- 4 to 6plain thick-cut or kettle-cooked potato chips, lightly crushed
How to make
- Step 1Pickled Red Onion: Pack red onion snugly into 1-cup (250 mL) canning jar with tight-fitting lid. Bring vinegar, 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) sugar, the coarse salt, peppercorns, mustard seeds and 1/2 cup (125 mL) water to a boil in small saucepan. Carefully pour mixture over red onion; cover with lid and screw on band to seal. Let stand at least 20 minutes. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.)
- Step 2Tacos: Meanwhile, stir together fennel, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sugar, the salt and pepper in bowl. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) chives. Set aside.
- Step 3Preheat grill to medium. Oil grill. Arrange lobster skewers, shell side down, on grill. Cook, lid down, 22 to 24 minutes, turning once, until opaque throughout. Remove lobster meat from shells and skewers. Cut each tail into 4 pieces; keep warm.
- Step 4Grill or pan-fry tortillas over medium-high heat, turning once, until slightly puffed and lightly toasted, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer to serving plates.
- Step 5Top tortillas with fennel mixture and lobster, dividing evenly. Top each with 1 tbsp (15 mL) drained pickled red onions. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) chives and the potato chips, dividing evenly.
- Try this: The leftover pickled red onion will keep in your fridge for up to 2 weeks. Use in salads and sandwiches – you can even use the pickling liquid in salad dressings and savoury cocktails.