How to make
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL)granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL)sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)toasted sesame oil (or regular sesame oil)
- 2mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL)sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 pkg (500 g)frozen PC® Kalbi Beef Short Ribs, thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL)dry sticky rice, rinsed
- 1head Boston lettuce, leaves separated, and larger leaves torn in half (14 to 16 leaves)
- 3radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)PC® Kimchi
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)PC® Memories Of® Seoul Gochujang Chili Sauce
How to make
- Step 1Sesame Pickles: Stir together vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil in bowl. Stir in cucum-bers. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Step 2Wraps: Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Remove thawed ribs from packaging and separate ribs. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush all over with any excess sauce from packaging. Bake on middle rack, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 17 to 19 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine rice and 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir, cover and simmer on low until all water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Step 4Transfer ribs to cutting board; cut between each rib bone to make about 2-inch (5 cm) long pieces. Trim away bones. (Tip: Use kitchen scissors to do this, if you have them.)
- Step 5Place ribs, rice, sesame pickles, lettuce, radishes, green onions, kimchi and gochujang in separate bowls or serving dishes and arrange on your table. To assemble, place ribs in lettuce leaves and top with rice, pickles, radishes, green onions, kimchi and gochujang.
- Tip: Thaw in package in refrigerator overnight, or fully submerge vacuum-packed ribs in bowl of cold water for 20 minutes.