How to make
- 24frozen PC® Blue Menu® Italian Fully Cooked Chicken Meatballs
- 3breakfast sausages, casings removed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)All-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 ml)2% milk
- 6frozen plain Belgian-style waffles
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp (5 mL)grated lemon zest
- Pinch (0.5 mL)each salt and black pepper
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven (20 minutes) to 400°F (200°C).
- Step 2Place frozen meatballs in single layer on baking sheet. Bake on middle rack, turning once, until heated through, 12 to 16 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat non-stick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add sausages; cook, breaking into small pieces and stirring often, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle in flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in milk; bring to a boil, stirring often and scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until gravy is thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Step 4Heat frozen waffles according to package directions. (For best results, follow oven method.)
- Step 5Stir meatballs into gravy. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, the chives, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Step 6Divide waffles among serving plates. Top with meatballs, gravy and remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) parsley, dividing evenly.