How to make
- 1Large shallot or half small onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)PC®Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Dijon mustard
- 2-1/2 tbsp (32 mL)PC®New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup (250 mL)PC® Blue Menu®Italian Farro Precooked Spelt
- 2 tsp (10 mL)PC®New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1Leek, white and pale green parts only, finely chopped
- 2Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pkg (142 g)PC® Organics Baby Kale
- 1 cup (250 mL)Shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
How to make
- Step 1Combine shallot, vinegar and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the salt in large bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in Dijon and 2-1/2 tbsp (32 mL) oil; set aside.
- Step 2Bring 8 cups (2 L) water to a boil in large saucepan. Stir in farro; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Drain; let cool for 2 minutes, stirring once or twice. Stir into shallot mixture until cooled.
- Step 3Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) oil in same saucepan over medium heat. Cook leek, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic, pepper and remaining 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir into farro mixture until cooled.
- Step 4Toss in kale, carrots and sunflower seeds until combined.