How to make
- 1 pkg (250 g)PC®Blue Menu®Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Sriracha sauce or other Asian hot sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Canola oil
- 2 cups (500 mL)Sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)Minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup (250 mL)Julienned carrots
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)English cucumber, thinly sliced in half-moons
- 4 cups (1 L)Loosely packed baby spinach
- 2PC®Blue Menu®Oméga-3 White Eggs - Large
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
How to make
- Step 1Squeeze rice pouch gently all over to break the rice apart. Tear top corners of pouch about 1/2 inch (1 cm). Place pouch, upright, in the microwave and heat on HIGH for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Let stand in microwave 1 – 2 minutes. Caution: Pouch will be hot. Carefully remove from microwave holding sides. Pour into a bowl and stir.
- Step 2Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha, sugar and 1 tbsp (15 mL) water in small bowl. Set aside.
- Step 3Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the canola oil in large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add garlic and hot pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute. Add rice and one-third of soy sauce mixture; cook for another 2 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to bowl; cover with foil to keep warm. Using paper towels, wipe pan clean.
- Step 4Place carrots and cucumbers each in separate small bowls. Divide remaining soy sauce mixture between bowls; toss to combine. Set aside.
- Step 5Return frying pan to stove top. Heat remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook spinach, tossing often, for 30 seconds; transfer to bowl and keep warm.
- Step 6Return frying pan again to stove top over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into pan; cook for 3 minutes, turning once halfway. Remove from heat.
- Step 7To serve, divide rice mixture between two dinner bowls. Divide spinach, carrots and cucumber between the bowls, arranging around outer edges of rice. Place a fried egg in the centre of each dish. Sprinkle with green onions; drizzle with any remaining dressing from bowls containing carrots or cucumbers.