How to make
- 1 pkg (225 g)PC® Organics Quinoa
- 1 can (540 mL)PC® Blue Menu®Chickpeas
- 6 tbsp (90 mL)Canola oil
- 2 cups (500 mL)Finely chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup (250 mL)Finely diced red onion
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Good quality Thai green curry paste
- 1 can (400 mL)Coconut milk
- 1Finely grated rind and juice of lime
- 2/3 cup (150 mL)Chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Salt
How to make
- Step 1In small saucepan, bring 2 cups (500 mL) water to a boil. Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to low, and simmer covered for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2Drain and rinse chickpeas. In food processor, purée chick peas, stopping machine twice to scrape down side of bowl.
- Step 3In large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; cook peppers and onion for 5 minutes. Stir in curry paste; cook for 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Stir in coconut milk, lime rind and lime juice. Bring to a boil; cook for 4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Transfer to bowl; set aside to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Step 4Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. In large bowl, stir together quinoa, coconut-vegetable mixture, chickpea purée, egg, coriander, flour and salt. Form into 20 individual patties, each 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick, placing on prepared baking sheet as each is formed. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm patties.
- Step 5In large nonstick frying pan, heat 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Cook half of the patties for 5 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown and heated through. Transfer to serving platter. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.