How to make
- 1 pkg (225 g)PC® Organics Quinoa
- 2Cinnamon sticks
- 2Thin slices ginger root, peeled (about 1/8-inch/3 mm thick coins)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Salt
- 2 cups (500 mL)2% milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)PC® 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL)PC®100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Roughly chopped peeled ginger root
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)PC® Cranberries Sweetened Dried Fruit
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)Cereal cream or milk (optional)
How to make
- Step 1Make Porridge: In large saucepan, combine quinoa, cinnamon, ginger, salt, milk, maple syrup and 2 cups (500 mL) water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until quinoa is very soft.
- Step 2Meanwhile, make Gingered Maple Syrup: In small saucepan, combine maple syrup, ginger, salt and 1/2 cup (125 mL) water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain mixture through fine-meshed sieve into small pitcher. Discard ginger.
- Step 3Prepare Toppings: In small dry frying pan, cook pumpkin seeds over medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly, or until they puff up and turn golden brown. Cool. In small bowl, stir together seeds and cranberries.
- Step 4Discard cinnamon sticks and ginger and spoon Porridge into six bowls. Serve with Gingered Maple Syrup, pumpkin seed mixture and, if desired, cereal cream.