How to make
- 1/3 cup (75 mL)Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg (340 g)PC®Black Label Israeli Couscous
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL)PC®Organics Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 pkg (283 g)PC®Organics Grape Tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) Pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 3Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (170 mL)Marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)White wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL)Chopped watercress
- 4Green onions, chopped
How to make
- Step 1In saucepan, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium heat. Add couscous and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until tender but firm and liquid has been absorbed. Remove lid, stir and transfer to large bowl.
- Step 2In large frying pan, heat remaining oil over medium-low heat. Cook tomatoes for 3 minutes or until slightly soft. Stir in olives and garlic; cook, stirring, until tomato skins burst. Increase heat to medium. Stir in artichokes and vinegar; cook for 30 seconds. Stir into couscous. Stir in salt and pepper. Stir in watercress and green onions.
- Step 3Serve immediately or chill. Serve as a side salad, or serve as a main course on a hot summer day.