How to make
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)PC®Unsalted Country Churned Butter
- 1 cup (250 mL)Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Salt
- 1Egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)PC®Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (250 mL)All-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL)Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL)Cloves
- 3 cups (750 mL)Finely diced, peeled tart apples (such as Jonagold, Empire or Mutsu), about 3 or 4
- 1 jar (450 g) PC®Dulce de Leche Caramel Creme Spread
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Brandy
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray eight 1/2 cup (125 mL) ramekins with cooking spray; place on rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Step 2In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar and salt on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. In another bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and cloves; add to butter mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Remove bowl from mixer. Using wooden spoon, stir apples into batter. Mixture will be very chunky and will just barely hold together. Divide batter among ramekins, using about 1/3 cup (75 mL) per ramekin.
- Step 3Bake in centre of oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes in ramekins.
- Step 4Meanwhile, make Brandied Toffee Sauce: In small saucepan, combine dulce de leche, cream and brandy. Heat over low heat just until warmed and a pourable consistency. Do not boil.
- Step 5Invert cakes onto individual serving plates. Spoon 2 to 3 tbsp (25 to 45 mL) warm sauce over each cake. Let sit a few minutes before serving warm. Serve with unsweetened whipped cream and additional sauce, if desired. Refrigerate leftover sauce for another use.