How to make
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)PC® Organics Fine Grind Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup (83 mL)granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (83 mL)corn starch
- 6 tbsp (90 mL)salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups (31 mL)raw pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (125 ml + 30 ml )PC® Dulce de Leche Caramel Crème Spread, divided
- 1/4 cup (1 mL)flaky sea salt, for garnish
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Line 8-inch square metal baking dish with 2 overlapping sheets of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on each side.
- Step 2Whisk together almond flour, sugar and corn starch in medium bowl. Add melted butter and mix with rubber spatula until a crumbly dough forms. Press dough evenly into bottom of prepared pan using spatula or hands.
- Step 3Bake until lightly golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Step 4Meanwhile, stir together pecans and 1/2 cup dulce de leche in medium bowl. Us-ing rubber spatula, evenly spread dulce de leche and pecan mixture over base un-til completely covered, spreading all the way into edges and corners
- Step 5Bake until nuts are toasted and dulce de leche is deep brown, about 9 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool 30 minutes. Using parchment, lift bars out of pan onto cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
- Step 6Heat remaining 2 tbsp dulce de leche in microwave-safe bowl to loosen, 10 to 15 seconds. Drizzle warm dulce de leche on top of bars. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Try this: For squares on demand, freeze in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months and thaw as needed. If stacking bars to freeze, add a piece of parchment paper between each layer to prevent sticking.