How to make
- 1PC®Butter-Infused Whole Chicken, frozen
- 10Sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp (45 mL)PC®Sunflower Oil
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL)Each salt and black pepper
- 1 lb (450 g)Carrots
- 1 lb (450 g)Parsnips
- 8Shallots, peeled
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Arrange chicken, breast side up, in centre of parchment paper-lined large baking sheet. Stuff cavity with half of the thyme. Brush chicken with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Bake 20 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, peel and trim carrots and parsnips. Cut any larger carrots and parsnips in half lengthwise. Transfer to large bowl. Add shallots, remaining thyme, 2 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Step 3Remove chicken from oven. Arrange vegetable mixture in single layer around chicken on baking sheet. Bake, flipping vegetables once, until vegetables are tender and golden and instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken reads 185°F (85°C) and juices run clear, covering loosely with foil if browning too quickly, 1 hour, 25 minutes to 1 hour, 40 minutes. (NOTE: Take temperature in several places to ensure chicken is cooked through.).
- Step 4Cover chicken loosely with foil. Let rest 10 minutes.