How to make
- 1 pkg (170 g)frozen PC® Plant Based Fishless Cakes, fully thawed in refrigerator (Thawing may take up to 5 hours.)
- 4Portobello mushroom caps, trimmed
- Tip:Use a small spoon to scrape away the black gills from the underside of the mushroom caps.
- 4 tsp (20 mL)olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)PC® Plant Based Cheddar-Style Shreds or PC® Plant Based Mozzarella-Style Shreds
- 1green onion, sliced, or 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced fresh chives, plus additional for garnish
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Mist baking sheet with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil. Set aside.
- Step 2Chop thawed fishless cakes into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Step 3Arrange mushrooms, stemmed side up, on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mound pieces of fishless cakes into mushrooms, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with Cheddar-style shreds and green onion, dividing evenly.
- Step 4Bake until golden and mushrooms are tender, 16 to 18 minutes. Sprinkle with extra green onion.
- Try this: Serve these mushrooms with rice and steamed vegetables for a hearty main, or as an appetizer.