How to make
- 1 pkg (2 caps)PC®Organics Portobello Mushrooms
- 5 cups (1.25 L)Sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)Olive oil
- 3 cups (750 mL)Chopped white onions
- 2Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL)Baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)35% whipping cream
- 2Large egg whites
- 2/3 cup (150 mL)PC®Triple Cheddar Shredded Cheese Blend
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Step 2Pull stems from portobello mushroom caps; finely chop stems and place in a bowl. Add cremini mushrooms; set aside. Using tip of teaspoon, gently scrape off and discard black gills from under side of portobello caps. Rub 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil all over portobello caps and place cupped side up on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Step 3In large nonstick frying pan, heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil over medium-low heat. Add onions and garlic; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until softened. Add reserved chopped portobello stems and cremini mushrooms; increase heat to medium and cook for 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mushrooms have released their liquid and are starting to brown. Add spinach; cook, stirring, until wilted. Scrape into a bowl.
- Step 4Stir panko, salt, pepper, cream, egg whites and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the shredded cheese into spinach-cremini mixture. Divide mixture among portobello caps. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Step 5Bake in centre of oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until mushroom caps are cooked through and filling is browned, hot and bubbling. Serve immediately.